10 Easy Daily Health Tips To Optimize Your Health
We often complicate things when it comes to living a healthy life. We think we need to be tracking all the macros, all the fitness apps, working out 2 hours a day and much more. In reality, daily simple steps consistently over time will lead to greater and more sustained results. The best thing is, they don’t require any extra time out of your day.
10 Easy Daily Health Tips To Optimize Your Health
Health Tip 1: I like To Move iT, Move It!
1. Move more than you sit. Every 30-60 min get up and move for 30 sec to 1 min. Schedule your exercises like a meeting or something else non-negotiable in your calendar. Exercise doesn’t negate the negative effects of a sedentary lifestyle. You have to move more than you don’t. Walk, squat, jump, lift, run, stand, dance, stretch, etc.. Just move!
Health Tip 2: I got More Sleep than a Bible Got Psalms
2. Get at least 7 hours of sleep (yes, you can do this). Lack of sleep is the number 1 health problem. Prolonged lack of sleep you will decrease your life expectancy and cognitive impairment faster than not exercising and eating crappy food all the time. Fewer than 6 hours of sleep per day is associated with low-grade chronic inflammation and worsening insulin resistance, as well as increased risk for obesity, type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease (CVD).
Health Tip 3: Changes In Latitudes Changes IN Attitudes
3. Send ONE message of gratitude per day. Our community is important for our health. Social Isolation/loneliness or lack of community support and can increase your risk of early death as much as obesity, smoking, and excessive drinking. Call a friend. Text a loved one. Send a DM (not the creepy kind) on social media. One message per day is 365 messages of gratitude per year and that’s powerful!
Health Tip 4: Eat like you give a damn about yourself
4. Eat foods that energize you. These foods are vegetables, fruits, proteins, nuts, and seeds. If you are eating a variety of foods from those categories every day and are feeling strong and energized you are doing a great job. So to keep it simple, just ask yourself does this food energize me and make me healthier or not? If it does, eat it, if it doesn’t, then don’t. You are never going to be perfect but being consciously competent of what you are putting into your body is a great first step.
Health Tip 5: Now that's what I call high quality H2O
5. Drink ONE glass of water first thing in the morning. This isn’t some crazy gallon of lemon water challenge or anything (which by the way doesn’t do anything). This is simply getting your body hydrated again after resting. It also wakes you up. So before you get your coffee, drink water.
Health Tip 6: Guess Who’s back, back again, Gratitudes back, tell a friend
6. Practice gratitude before you do anything else each day. Have a notebook next to your bed and when you wake up, jot down 3 things you are grateful for. This doesn’t have to be a chore of a task, you can write down simple things each morning. And yes, this is the second tip about gratitude, because science shows it has an incredible impact on our happiness and mental health.
Health tip 7: Kick ass and take names
7. Accomplish ONE goal for the day. Write down the number 1 thing you need to accomplish today to bring you closer to your goals. Ask your boss for a promotion? Buy a domain name to start your own side hustle? Take your kids to the park? It doesn’t matter. Just write it down and attack it and block out everything until you finish it.
Health tip 8: Your good enough, your smart enough, and doggonit, people like you
8. Look in the mirror and say something kind to yourself each day. “Be careful how you speak to yourself. You are listening.” The things we say to ourselves we would get punched in the face if we said them to other people. Your thoughts determine your intentions, your intentions determine your actions. This doesn’t mean to sit around saying affirmations all day, you still need to take action and do the work, but it starts by actually treating yourself like you are worth a damn.
Health tip 9: comparison is the theif of joy
9. “Stop Counting Other People’s Money” -Andy Frisella. This is simply to help you stop comparing yourself to others. Following people, we’re jealous of on social media, who only show a highlight reel of their lives, is the best place to attack this. Unfollow any social media account that makes you feel jealous. If you’re feeling really frisky, take a weekend/week/month off social media completely.
health tip 10: if subscribing to health geeks radio is cool, consider me miles davis
10. Our last tip for you is to listen to the Health Geeks Radio podcast. I know, I know, but we have 100 episodes on a variety of health topics that dive way deeper into the daily checklist we have provided here. You can subscribe to our podcast on any podcast app or player including Spotify.